Biased news on hydroxychloroquine

“What do you have to lose?”- Trump continues to promote unproven corona drug

The quote points the reader’s attention to the ridiculous nature of the situation where the president is promoting a drug that has not scientifically been proven to be used for treatment. I have used bias by omission to ignore the fact that even though it has not been proven there have been certain isolated cases in which it has worked. This creates a strongly biased headline against Trump’s actions.

Trump threatens retaliation against India if hydroxychloroquine ban not lifted. 

This headline is a simple statement that attempts to provide the news in an unbiased way. To present this as a more centrist headline, I felt as though it might be important to look at the situation from the global perspective and focus on how the president’s obsession with procuring the drug might impact other countries and pay attention to the fact that this is a global crisis.

Experts say miracle cure for coronavirus finally here

In this news headline, I have used bias by selection of sources, to call the few people supporting the hydroxychloroquine drug as “experts” which not only makes the drug sound more of a viable option than it actually is but also hides the fact that many of these people might not have experience at all. Secondly, I use words like “miracle cure” and “finally” to direct the reader’s attention away from the context of the situation and the controversy surrounding a president promoting an unproven medication and instead point to the possibility of this being able to fix the situation despite multiple failures from the government, this makes the headline a pro-Trump headline.