Safe Partying: does educating others about it help solve the problem?

Safe partying is an issue which affects a lot of teenagers nowadays, but the question lies in whether informing young adults about the dangers of it, actually helps them to navigate the problem better.

I believe that a lot of understanding about the dangers of something comes from actually experiencing it. If teenagers never see first hand what the risks are of partying without any safety involved, they will most likely never learn. This is why I believe that the best way for young adults to learn and understand the importance of safe partying is for them to experience it themselves, however, I think that the foundation which teachers and guidance counsellors can provide is also very important in giving teenagers a basis to work off of. If they understand how safe partying works and all the pitfalls they might encounter, if they are ever in a bad situation, they will know what to do and how to go about solving the issue. This is why giving some education to teenagers about safe partying is important, to give us a good foundational understanding which we can deepen as we experience new things for ourselves and go about our lives.