Transition to IB

The transition process going into IB has been a revisitation of some familiar systems, but also a change of routine for many of us. The subject choosing aspect of this has been very similar to what we did back in G8, but now we need to make these decisions with some foresight into what we want to do in the future. This process has made me think a lot about the future and how my interests could possibly align going forward and I still have many decisions left to make.

In terms of subjects and going into IB, I am currently a bit confused as to what path I enjoy more and can see myself doing as a profession in the future. One thing I learned throughout this process is that it’s very useful to talk to people who have gone through it before because they can give you a lot of insight into things which you never thought about and they also provide a good firsthand experience into everything. They are also the people who understand what it was like making decisions back when they were our age and going through the same process so their advice is even more relevant and useful.

I think another huge aspect of this process is going to be adapting to the new schedule as we enter IB and the many new opportunities that will open up for us. I think that as we begin to consider beyond our subject choices, about activities and service, this transition will give us a chance to continue on with things we enjoy but also allow us to explore new opportunities and take advantage of the time we have to try new things.