Kahaani – Before the show

The reason I signed up for Kahaani was to try something new and step out of my comfort zone.  I was never the type of person to voluntarily join activities which involved performing in front of an audience, which is why I wanted to take this opportunity to experience something new.  Initially, I was unsure if I would like the process of learning the dance and performing in front of other people but after around 3 months of rehearsal, I found that I was really starting to enjoy myself.

When we first began learning the dance a few of my friends and I were finding it difficult to remember and perform all the steps as this is something we had never done before.  Some of my other friends had years of dance experience prior to this and found that learning the dance wasn’t much of a challenge to them.  Our dance leaders understood that everyone had different amounts of experience and were patient when teaching us the dance.  (Learning outcome 2: Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.)

This is a video of our dress rehearsal the day before the show: