Initial Basketball U-19 reflection

At the start of season 2, my plan was to try out for tennis since that was a sport that I had a great deal of interest for. However, I was not particularly successful in my attempts as I was not able to make the team. I was then faced with two options. I could have either put my head down or tried out for another sport. I decided that the latter was better option and I managed to get that thought since I was resilient and determined to play a sport that season. Hence, I decided to try out for the school basketball team despite not having any previous affiliations with basketball.

Since I had no experiences with basketball, it was important for me to try and keep up as much as I could during the tryouts in order to increase my chances of making the cut for the team. At first, it was quite difficult to keep up to the rigour that this sport entails as there were certain instructions that were given that I was not able to understand at first because I was not familiar about most of the rules of the game. Hence, it was important for me to communicate effectively in order to find out what I was supposed to do hence I would say that I was able to communicate effectively since the start of the tryouts. The main people with whom I would collaborate were my peers and coach as they were the ones who would help me throughout the course of the season.