Reflection on my Grade 10 journey

Grade 10 has been a really enriching in terms of academics, service and activities. It was supposed to be the year that I give my IGCSE exams so this year I spent two hours every day on schoolwork and exam preparation but, due to unfortunate circumstances, I could not give my IGCSE exams so I feel like this year was a great learning opportunity for me. In various aspects, I learned about myself as well as the environment around me. Though I did not end up taking the IGCSE exams, I was able to benefit from a variety of new thing that I learned in class as well as old things that I refreshed upon.  The biggest problem for me was time management and I overcame this over time. I looked at the problem and tried various methods in order to not procrastinate and manage time wisely.  Though Grade 10  has been an uneven journey, I can say that it was a positive learning experience and I learned from the mistakes that I made.  Throughout my IGCSE journey, I did service and GC. The service that I did was ‘Urban Gardening.’ Prior to joining this service, I had no past experience of gardening but, through the process, I learned a lot from grade 11’s in my service.  Urban gardening is a service that s plants, plants with a purpose strategically. I opted for Blue Dragon as a Global Concern. I have been a part of Blue Dragon for the past 2 years and I have really been interested in learning about the issue of Human Trafficking. This year we mainly worked on the Blue Dragon Podcast which was really beneficial as many people got to learn about the widespread of this issue. I had a problem attending all session at the beginning of the year as I had drama commitments. But later in the year, I loved being part of a great cause.  Another important aspect of my IGCSE experience was the activities that I did. Along with swimming, pre-season touch, I was a part of my first high school drama production, The Heart Of Robin Hood. though, in the end, I could not perform due to unfortunate circumstances, I enjoyed the process and learned a lot about leadership and collaboration from my teacher and fellow students. Overall, this year was a great learning opportunity for me, a year where I learned from my mistakes and made my way through hurdles.