reflection on the process of selecting my IB courses for next year

I chose Higher Level Psychology, Theater and English Language and Literature and Standard level Mathematics (Application), Computer Science and Hindi. I chose these subjects after re-considering multiple times. I was not in school through the selection process due to coronavirus, therefore I was unable to attend the mentor sessions with grade 11’s to talk about the various subjects. Though, living in the boarding house, I had the opportunity to talk to some friends from grade 11 and 12. This was really helpful because I got an overview of the subjects that I was considering. Then I did some research through online information provided about IB courses. Then I had a discussion with my university advisor about the subjects I was considering and I explained to him my choices. Psychology is a completely new subject for me though, I decided to do it since it is something that I would like to learn about and I am fascinated by human behaviour and why we make certain choices. I did IGCSE drama which was new to me in grade nine though I really enjoyed the subject and therefore I chose IB theatre. I am always keen on knowing more about English and I really like learning the language so I took it as my higher-level subject. Though Computer Science is a new subject for me, I am really interested in taking the course and learning more about it. I also feel that it will be useful for me in the future. After I explained my IB choices to my university advisor, I explained them to my head of grade and my head of grade for grade 11 and they thought it is good for me to try new subjects and see if it works out. Overall, I am looking forward to learning more about the subjects that I have chosen.