APPLICATION TO FACILITATE A PEACE CONFERENCE!

Learning Outcome 3: Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience. 

What attracted me towards joining the IFP experience was finding out that at the end of our training period, we would get the once in an educational life experience to apply to become a peace-facilitator. My passion for IFP grew over the course of our sessions and practicing several team-building activities, eye opening simulations and discussions. I was certain by the time of applying that I want to give it a shot and compete to get a chance to facilitate a week long peace conference at the start of summer, either in Timor-Leste or Mae sot.

Knowing that the planning process would be during the hectic seasons 3 and 4, I am applying to facilitate any of the IFP conferences. I am excited to plan and organise a peace conference in a conflict-inflicted community. If I get a chance to become an IFP peace facilitator I hope to gain the best experience and take with me new perspectives of understanding conflict and resolving conflict through interactions and discussions. This would perhaps help in my aspirations to work in the field of diplomacy.

Zeyba’s IFP Application Pitch