Tennis U19-B Reflection #1

LO1 Identifying own strengths and develop areas for personal growth

Students are able to see themselves as an individual with various skills and abilities, some more developed than others. 

This tennis season was my second season throughout high school playing with the team, and I felt much more experienced and familiar than the last time. That being said, I continually feel like there is a lot of room for me to grow in my tennis playing capabilities, and this was most evident to me when we just had weekly practice, and were drilling skills with fellow team members and the coaches. At times, when playing with more advanced players, the disparity between our skills became more obvious to me, and I certainly felt that I can improve on my key strokes, the foundation of the game.

I also feel like I have significantly improved with regards to how I play games in competition, particularly my doubles game. Before, my teammate and I would have poor coordination and limited communication, but with practice and more clear directions we agreed upon before a game, we were both able to improve, and play with much more cohesiveness while competing. This sort of key communication transferred over to different games, and I felt like I had a bigger impact on the team’s performance this season as a whole.

When I first started the season, it took me a while to develop some familiarity with my teammates,