Where I stand

My quote for the against argument from the debate on video games from Intelligence Squared was, “They are not doing the other things that could potentially benefit them more”

I found this argument the most persuasive as I felt it was very true. In the debate, the debaters were very focused on the fact that video games help with ADHD and ADD. However, they do not seem to mention the fact that there have been a variety of things besides video games that positively affect those with ADHD and ADD. Such as exercise (which not only helps with mind-boosting but with health too) as well as horseback riding, dance and many others.

My quote for the for argument was, “True learning is about the complexity in choices and learning games can help you decipher between those in video games”

I found this argument the most compelling because in textbooks it is very linear and we always are taught everything is black and white. Just a binary. However, in real life, it is much more than that. There are never really just two choices to choose between.

Overall, I still stand in the middle but leaning more towards against the motion. This is because I feel as though there are things that we learn in video games that we can learn in real life in a more healthy way as playing too many video games and becoming addicted can affect your physical health.

Debate from ‘Intelligence Squared’ :