Math – My Grade 9 Overview

To be honest, this year was quite difficult for me. Being my first year at UWCSEA, it was hard to transition from a school with a whole different curriculum. I have never been good at math, but maybe with the stress of the transition, I was not able to understand lessons as well as my peers. Being introduced to a new style of classroom time was a factor in it too, in my old school it was just sitting and staring at the teacher teach the same formula over and over until it was engraved in our heads while in UWCSEA, it is totally different – with classroom discussions and several investigations.

Overall, I think this year was quite difficult for me because I was not brave enough to ask questions- fearing that it would be too simple of a question. I should have gone to teachers or friends for help in mathematics when I needed it. I should also improve my study techniques. For the exam, I mainly took notes and tried so hard to understand the topics that I didn’t focus a lot on past paper questions which could have helped me in the exam.

Categories: Uncategorized Tags: