My UWCSEA Learning Journey

Starts Here

Rural Ireland

This presenter of this story talked about the hard times in her life after her father’s death, and how her mother had to struggle through all of it with a 4 year old child while going to a factory for 12 hours from monday to friday. They had no financial support from their relatives so her mother had to get back on her feet by herself. The story tells me how her relationship with her mother has developed and how her mother could risk everything for her. There was a lot of judgement that time and people would judge her mom and there were people waiting for her mom to fail, but her mom proved all those people wrong. I was impressed by the presenters mom as the society was a huge pressure on her and she would show them that she wasn’t less happy than the rest of the village because her mom was a single their family was ranked lower in the society, this really made me think how having an ’incomplete’ family could affect your wellbeing. This also tells me that people there were really judgy and discriminative.

Next Post

Previous Post

1 Comment

1. kal@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg January 28, 2020

so is there a feature story in this somewhere? You’ve touched upon several topics here.