Yesterday (9th December), our service decided to head to Tampines to conduct a Sunday recycling session. This was a very enjoyable and relaxing experience, allowing me to have a unique experience. At the recycling session, we were given a presentation on the environmental effects of recycling incorrectly, and I really thought that this was quite interesting; it never occurred to me that even the small things I might accidentally choose to recycle may have detrimental consequences to the other materials in the recyclables. I think by learning these things, I have made progress in learning objective 6 – I have recognized the larger implications of my actions and I understand the value in working towards a more recycle-friendly Singapore.

Furthermore, it was very interesting to see the other volunteers, who had not all come from other backgrounds. Although I did not know anyone there, they were all supportive in that I felt comfortable asking anyone for help as all of us were working for this common goal. I think that by not only working with my peers from school but also strangers who were volunteering, I have made a certain progress in learning objective 5 that I have never made before. Although working in my team was important, working in the larger team was also extremely important and being a team player truly helped that.

#LO5 #LO6

Attached is a photo of us recycling (I’m in red).