Tampines MINDS – Last session of 2017

Over the past few weeks, I was able to build up my confidence even further when taking part in the Tampines MINDS service. I found it much easier to move away from friends/peers and dance with one or two of our clients without feeling awkward or uncomfortable.

Among the two groups, it is much easier to interact and dance with the louder group. This is most likely because of their boisterous and inquisitive nature that comes out especially with our song choices. While the quieter group usually stands/lightly dances with us, the louder group requests specific songs and dances without inhibition when around us (client favourites are ‘Baby’ by Justin Bieber, and ‘Gangnam Style’ by PSY). Furthermore, the loud group demands a lot more energy and attention from us, which makes for a very rewarding session when reflecting at the end. That being said, we are incredibly lucky to be able to interact with both groups who add so much joy to our lives and allow us to be excited about the small things in life every Monday afternoon!

Overall, I am enjoying the service more and more each session, and it is the perfect break from schoolwork and other commitments that my peers and I all have.

A photo from our last session of 2017

LO4 – Show commitment to and perseverance in you CAS experiences

L05 – Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively