Goal Setting

1. Goal setting:

I really admire my mother because she is very disciplined and very in control of the aspects in her life that I lack (eg. how to prevent drama from happening in my friend groups, exercise, nutrition, etc). She is very caring and knows exactly when i’m lying. Every little thing that I do impacts her and sometimes I don’t realise or care about that which I should try to do more. She is so very kind and does all kinds of things for me but I never repay her well enough, which I should and I will. I want to help her in the ways that she helps me.

Someone that I don’t like will not be named. This person can be so annoying and frustrating and stubborn at times where it’s not necessary. I try to help her to grow and learn more but she doesn’t accept that and becomes so stubborn which really irritates me. It’s like she doesn’t want to learn.

I hate that i don’t know what i’m doing, I hate that i’m aloof sometimes but I do that on purpose so that I can have fun but also acknowledge that I am not actually that way but some think that’s real and sort of throw me to the sidelines, as if i’m a child who can’t think straight (I’d like to think I do). I’m a big hypocrite about many things and I hate that because I keep switching my opinion and i’m very easily influenced/persuaded. I hate that I don’t know when to stop which makes my family and friends mad at me sometimes. I hate that I can’t speak up sometimes and that don’t know how to form effective sentences which gives people the view that I’m scared all the time and incapable of being something more but then again, I don’t want to talk. I’m inconsistent which annoys me because it’s so simple to stick to something but I keep changing and that frustrates and confuses people around me.

I want to avoid these things because I don’t want people to feel negative emotions around me.

This year I would like to develop the skill of playing the piano, dancing, singing, painting/drawing, and studying.

This is important to me because I want to be able to do multiple things as that can come in handy some day, and it’s enjoyable and relaxing.

This will help me express myself and show that I am capable of not just sitting mute and to be able to pass IB.

This will help others be proved wrong about me and that I am useful.

I dislike stubborn people.

I don’t see this in myself (only sometimes but that’s because i’m mad at somebody and want to make them annoyed in return which I should stop doing).

This bothers me because it’s not pleasant.

I can overcome this by limiting stubborn people in my life.

2. Goal Visualisation.

Around myself, I see a nice home that is eco-friendly and adapted to the challenges in the world. I see a good family, trying to combat their own problems. It’s a too-happy ending.

I look old but still fashionable with dogs and cats and other animals.

I hear dogs barking and wind.

I am working but I don’t know what job and I am satisfied with it in some European country.

I have saved and good money.

I have a minimalist approach and limit the things that I want to limit my consumption and save resources.

I think I will live in a European country.

I have to come to terms with myself and accept.

I have straight, shoulder length hair with maybe highlights, I am wearing Therapist-formal clothes (dark blue blazer and black pants with a belt and beige high heels) and I am fit/skinny.

The home is all love and family. I have found life-long friends who support me like a family.  and animals.

I can’t see what experiences I have had but I had a really tough college life and was thrown into adult life and struggled a lot and there was a lot of stress, and a burn out perhaps.

We don’t use plastic, and limit water, have a lot of plants everywhere to suck out the carbon dioxide and I everything is green with a very blue sky. I have been volunteering in places to help with on-going global problems, I am intertwined with geography.

I don’t know what my deepest beliefs are.

One thought on “Goal Setting

1. Hi, Diana! I hope you’ve told your mom how much you admire her! You said: “I want to help her in the ways that she helps me.” I am sure she appreciates this sentiment and I hope you also appreciate that you have all these wonderful qualities inside you – and more! When we return from the mid-term break, I hope our PSE sessions can help you feel more and more empowered to become the person you are hoping to be and to recognise that this person is already a part of who you are.