How CAS impacts or enhances my well being

CAS really gives me the opportunity to do more as well doing different things. These new experiences push me out of my comfort zone with new people, new activities and new ideas. I wouldn’t have been able to grow as much as I have without CAS. It also taught me a bit about people and commitment, it showed me who was willing to put in the effort and take CAS seriously and who didn’t. The local service that I chose really opened my eyes and pushed me to really put in the effort in planning activities and following through with them when we would go to the lodge. I felt like a helpful, useful and better person after the sessions with the residents and it honestly, brightened up my day and I hope it did the same way for the residents. Badminton really showed me that commitment is key because I were to not try as hard as I did, or if I hadn’t attended the badminton camp during the winter break, I don’t think I would’ve improved as much and that makes all the difference for me. Kahaani taught me resilience when it came to the dance routine with the moves that needed changing and with the people around me, the atmosphere of the rehearsals was screaming ” we want to improve” and I found that that kind of mindset was very important. Piano also taught me to not give up and to keep practicing and prepare for the upcoming exam. Boxing showed me how powerful I can be if I tried and that showed me a side of myself that makes me feel very empowered. All these experiences that CAS presented me with really helped me develop myself and not just physically, emotionally and mentally too. It wasn’t just the fact that I had to do around 100 sit ups, it was that my mind was pushing my body to complete the task. It was more about how much control I had over myself. CAS enhanced my physically and mental well being a lot more than I expected and I am thankful for that.