Dear Me… (DP)

Dear Me,

If you only remember one thing from Adam Grant’s talk, it should be that “Givers” do worse in their performance. Another thing that I found interesting is that he said: “We need to weed out Takers”.

This is because they often try to do a lot of favours for customers or colleagues that they often don’t do the jobs that they were chosen to do. For the second one, I thought that was interesting because those people usually have all the Givers do the work for them instead of having them do it themselves.

yours truly,

Me

After this reflection on the Adam Grant video, we had to create a heading for one of our friends, as a group of 3 but with different websites. Here is the presentation for how I did mine, the overall product and the reflection for that activity:

1) How could I make this 10 percent better? (what small change could have a big impact?)

I could have put more detail into what I was doing.

2) What is the best thing about my design, and is there anything I can do to enhance it?

I like that you can see the cat very well and everything around it makes the cat stand out, like ornaments.

3) How easy is the design for the eye to navigate? Is there any part of it that is confusing or messy?

It’s very simple, the uneven lines maybe a little big messy.

4) What should I focus my final 15 minutes of design work doing and why?

There is nothing extra that I would like to add.

5)  What is something you figured out how to do with the tool that you think I’d be interested to see?

I figured out how to add a picture but nothing else because it was pretty confusing.

I think that I was a matcher because I did what I needed to do and also gave a little big advice on other people’s work when they needed help. 

I was a matcher in this task because I did what I was supposed to do while helping others. I used Befunky for the second header, here is the presentation for how I did that. Client specification doc. 

I think that this one was a lot better because of the detailed simplicity of it. I would like to use Befunky more since it is very simple to use to create a rather great product. Pixlr is very similar to photoshop and it is more confusing to use whereas Befunky is the opposite. I think that my work best serves dominance (the colours of both of my pieces) and also contrast like in the first picture, I added blue amongst the red and orange for a little contrast. In the second picture, I tried to make a visible contrast of orange against white or beige.