Does Replika have the potential to teach us to be a better friend?

Yes because Replika is an A.I so it would probably have a foundation of general knowledge, if the people who created Replika could program the A.I to great better relationships for the users and Replika adapts to the user’s language, possibly making a stronger connection to the user and using the base info to sort of “brainwash” the user into those good things shown in good and strong friendships. The video said that you could have a friend that you never had which is a good way to hook people into the app. It’s up to the user to listen to the A.I or completely go the other way if they want to. It had the potential, yes. Do I think that “brainwashing” people into a good friendships, no, but the app has potential. Thats up to the users, possibly you, do you agree? Would you use the app? Here is the link to the video, explaining what Replika is.

Till Dead Batteries Us Do Part Peter Kurdulija via Compfight

2 thoughts on “Does Replika have the potential to teach us to be a better friend?

1. Your most persuasive idea here is allowing people to make a stronger connection to yourself. I say that because Replika does actually allow you to connect to yourself in a way that you never have been able to do before – exploring your personality

2. Our opinions differ the most when you say that Replika “brainwashes” users. My thinking was based on Replika acting like the user, I didn’t consider that Replika could brainwash the user into thinking that they’re a really nice person and so on. It really does put things into perspective