Practice Individual Oral on P&G Body of Work Reflection

The Practice Individual Oral was a great way to bring together ideas from our analyses of texts in a practical manner with reference to wider themes that we had discussed prior. I found it to be an exhilarating experience and discovered that I organized my ideas in a structured manner. My timing was not the best; I realized that I had run out of things to say after 4 minutes even though I had quite a lot of time left. I did not delve so much into the stills that I had used from the advert, rather, going more into detail about the narrative, context, and cultural values. As for my exploration of the technical aspects, I felt it complimented the ideas I was trying to express, neither one overpowered the other. My partner was extremely attentive and tried to ease me towards explaining more about the production of the advert. Of course, I was not able to pick up on this and kept reverting back to ideas I had already talked about, rephrasing them and sounding quite redundant. For my next practice, I will try to get into the habit of rehearsing my points and cover as much context as possible whilst keeping in mind to go into depth so as to fall within the parameters of time. Overall, this was something new for me that may aid in gaining a better understanding of Language and Literature.

One thought on “Practice Individual Oral on P&G Body of Work Reflection

1. You explored the concept and the context well, Amanda and you can talk about the relevance of the advert really well 🙂 The aim is to get a balance between outlining the concept and idea and focusing on the detail and crafting of the text – you needed to consider the latter a little more here! Simplify and focus your thesis statement on the issue and the features of craft right from the very beginning!