Culturama 2019 (Greece) Final Reflection

Having spent the last several weeks working towards creating a spectacular show, it became less about perfecting the moves and more about enjoying them. That being said, if I were to undertake this activity again, I would choose a more lively piece and engage with more people. That way, I would have challenged myself more and enjoyed the piece more, as well as really connect with the people I was working with. I realized that because I was the only new student in the group, the only grade 11 as well, I could barely remember the names of the people in my dance. That is a shortcoming on my part as I should have made more of an effort.

I found the most wholesome part of this entire experience to be when all of us would support one another backstage. It is rewarding to hear the cries of the audience and to see everyone after the show. Even giving thanks to all the backstage crew, committee, and dance leaders afterward filled the room with this loving energy. It was an honor to have taken part in this as it was a lesson in self-expression and self-discovery. I feel I have a greater awareness of the cultural significance that varies from country to country.

Learning Outcomes: 5,5