GEP Interim Reflection (Grade 12)

As the new academic year begins, we are presented with the reality of having face-to-face meetings  once again. We welcomed several new members into the  focus group, a bright note to kick off new and  continuing projects. As part of transitioning from old leadership to new, we do a month of activities as a way to orient our new members with our values, work ethic, and see how they perform so they can elect positions such as communications officer and logistics officer. I learned a lot about my own strengths and weaknesses, particularly that I am useful in providing information regarding the boarding house, yet limited in my own understanding of how the different groups within the service department work together. I realized that in my excitement of taking on lots of responsibilities while focusing on IB coursework, I cannot do everything at once. I had to be careful in choosing the projects which were the most meaningful for me such as the UN Human Rights Day. Together with a few other GEP members, we collaborated with Because I Am (BIA) focus group to create a presentation to show  during mentor classes which reminded us about how far we’ve come and how we’re still a long way to go in terms of assuring that everyone’s human rights are respected. 

Learning outcomes: 5,6