Fine arts

I was required to do an art project that had me showcase my identity. As it as a more open ended assignment I was allowed to use whatever art medium that I wanted to and could unleash my creativity to its fullest. I worked on my acrylic techniques as well as detailed symbols. I have also been struggling with using acrylic paint on canvas and so took the opportunity to work on an artwork that required me too use these techniques. This is also my very first painting on a large canvas. I am trying a different style to what I usually paint. This time I went for a more old and worn look. As a result I was introduced to techniques like layering and am creating a lot of depth (shadows) using different shades of paint (towards the lighter side).

Sonos

I have also signed up for an activity called ‘Sonos’ which is a high school choir. It is a great way for me to learn ad practice different genres of music (musicals) than what usually opt for. It is also a great way or me to work on finding my tone when singing with a group. In ‘Sonos’ we are looking for different songs that we can perform for the concert in December. We are practicing two songs at the moment and learning different techniques that we can add in such as noodling and a lot of harmonising.We are also working on our overall voice as a collective group and also our backing vocals (humming). We have also decided to sing a song from the musical AIDA. I have never sung a song from a musical before and the singing style is very different but, the performance is coming together and I am trying different voice ranges for this performance (higher than usual) as I am able to use some of the techniques I learnt from my recent ITP lessons. Now we re all just practicing and learning the lyrics as well as remembering and adding in new harmonies and backing vocals as well as solos.

ITP

I have just started taking ITP lessons and have had two so far. The reason I took these lessons was to help my singing grow technically and having some individual time will greatly help me better my skills. In these two lessons I have started to get a way better understanding of my voice and its range. I have been working on my breathing techniques and bringing in my own individuality to my singing. It has also been very insightful as I am seeing improvements in my singing abilities in such a short time just by utilising the right techniques.