Maths Reflection – Maths and Me

Hi! My name is Sara Cheakdkaipejchara and I did IGCSE Add maths as well as completing Kumon. I’m feeling nervous about the course because going into it, I knew that it would be a lot of work and hours outside of the classroom. However, I do enjoy maths, so I am willing to put in the extra effort – the feeling after you understand a new concept or solve that question that you were stuck on is very satisfying! Generally, I prefer if a teacher goes through a topic and explains it so I understand it, then afterwards go and try it on my own. When I’m stuck on a question I’ll try it again to see if I have a new idea or approach on how to solve it, but if I really am unable to do it I’ll ask someone.

I think one of my biggest skills in maths is that my love for it, I love learning new topics and strategies to approach questions. One of my biggest focuses this year is to be more resilient in working on questions because in the past I can get frustrated and don’t want to continue. I hope to learn a lot from this course as maths has always been one of my favourite subjects.

Image Citation: University, Monash. “A New Way of Teaching Maths in Schools.” Phys.org – News and Articles on Science and Technology, Phys.org, phys.org/news/2015-06-maths-schools.html.