Service reflection: Myanmar A new dawn

Our primary goal towards the end of the year was to select an NGO for our global concern to work with for the following years. In doing so, we narrowed down our NGOs to a health organisation and an education organisation. At this time we faced certain ethical decisions, as it was time to decide what we felt was more important. Health or education? This led to multiple conversations and debates between what we felt was better. I believed education would be more worth it as we look to make long term effect rather than short term. Never getting in conflict however had interesting discussions that affected HOW I thought about global issues. At the end going with the third story project, the educational NGO.

LO 7 ETHICS (Considering the ethical implications of actions)

Ethics are the moral principles that govern or influence our conduct. Ethics are the basis for what we determine to be the ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ course of action.

•  At what times did I face ethical decisions when participating in this activity?
  •  On what did I base my decision making? Why?
  •  How did my moral principles affect the decision I made?
  •  Was I ever in conflict with another person because our morals were different? How did we resolve this conflict?
  •  Have I become more or less principled as a result of my participation in this activity? Why?

Published inUncategorized

Be First to Comment