My Opinion about the Most Important SDG

The task was to do a 2 minutes presentation about one of the SDG that given by the teacher. The presentation should contain, facts, statistics, quotes, credible sources, personal perspective, all information that is relevant/connected to the topic, and interconnections of the goals.

Goal 16: Peace, Justice, and Strong Institutions, was the goal that was given to me. I research the goal using reliable sources such as the UNDP website and constructed the first draft script. It practiced but it was more than 2 minutes so I cut down some parts. In this way, I improved the script over and over again.

Here is the video 

By watching myself in the video, it is obvious that I was clearly lack of eye contact. Most of the time, my eyes were on my script. I realized some people have only keywords on their script and they were making sentences during their presentation. Even I know what I am going to talk about and have enough knowledge and understanding, it is so difficult for me to construct sentences with clear and correct grammar during the presentation. So, I always read the script. Also, it was hard to understand what I was saying, because I spoke too fast with the wrong pronunciation. Probably, it was because I was scared to exceed the time limit and also because I have a bad habit which is to try to speak very fast like a native speaker. It is so hard to pronounce the L and R. I always try but it’s really difficult. My success was my loud enough voice. I believe it was easy to hear. Next time, I would like to improve my English enough to be able to construct clear sentences (ad-lib) during the presentation. Also, my pronunciation. To improve this, I need to speak slower and more clearly.

I believe the content of my presentation was good. It contained all the requirements except quotes. I struggled to find quotes and I ended up with no quotes.  Other than that, I had facts, statistics, credible sources, and a personal perspective. I also talked about the interconnection between Goal 16 and the country’s development. Next time, I can find good quotes.