PSE Identity

I think the understanding of personal identity is key to managing yourself and your life in the IBDP.

Personally, stress plays a big part into my life in high school, and having the understanding of what works well for me versus what doesn’t has been incredibly helpful in my productivity. Additionally, when I am self aware, I am also more attentive to other’s personality types, and I am able to adhere to what communication methods are most effective for them.

I think that when you understand your own personality type, you are also more effective in your growth as a person. Being able to identify strengths and weaknesses in your performance and behaviour will guide you to a future of positive change, as you are able to outline issues and work towards solving them.

I have been discovering aspects about my personality since the beginning of high school, and I believe I have seen myself grow over the years. I don’t think I could identify any specific growth or change over the past month, but I believe that with increased mindfulness of my personality and how I interact with others, I will see a notable difference over time.

I also think EQ plays an essential role in collaboration and general life skills, as it is key when it comes to people. I know this is something that I can always work on, but also something I should keep in mind.