Student Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

Imagine Dragons Circus – progress // reflection two

Circus

Imagine Dragons show — 22 november

In place of the annual Christmas show we do for the middle and primary school students, instead the Circus Club worked with the Blue Dragon Global Concern to create a collaborative performance. I thought this was a great project that helped us raise funds and awareness, as well as deepen our relationship with the service partner while being able to showcase our skills and the service partner’s as well. We faced a few challenges, a few of which were because the service partner arrived in Singapore quite close to the show date. Due to this, I felt that we didn’t have enough time to coordinate and build more circus acts that really combined our circus and Blue Dragons’. I was blown away by the skills of our visitors and it was great how they were always willing to teach and also learn from us as well. I also wish we had more time to build a better relationship with the members and get to know them outside of just the circus scene.

For the show, I had finally worked up enough courage to join in the unicycle act. There were two that I could have joined in: the Wild West act and the PE lesson act. Both of them seemed very enjoyable to do, but after a few practices Mr Mollit (the teacher supervisor) and I agreed that it would be wise to relieve some pressure off and work towards performing in the PE lesson act. This consisted of me unicycling playing basketball! I put a lot of time and effort into getting my skills up to par in order to be able to perform, I even stayed back after our rehearsal sessions. However, during the show I think the nerves got the best of me and I struggled to stay on the unicycle (you can see this in the video below 😅). Being nervous is still something I am working on, and I am glad that I had this amazing opportunity to push myself out of my comfort zone and work on that. It was an incredible experience to work with our Blue Dragon service partner, and I hope we will have similar chances in the future for more performances!

LO1 – identify strengths and areas for growth

LO4 – commitment. showing perseverance and resilience.

LO5 – collaboration. working together to achieve outcome

LO6 – global value. engaging with issues of global importance.

Other notes:

couldn’t get on unicycle, able to kind if do it in the end. Some words abt blue dragon…working with them. Suggestions? Do something more tgt. Was able to wrk on skill. Honest feelings and nervousness how don’t feel scared in mind but somehow body is…

fam liked it!!

Activities

crist62302@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg • December 3, 2019

Previous Post

Next Post