CAS Reflection 8 – Active Fitness

Instead of doing weights training inside of school, I decided to further my personal fitness goals and sign up for a gym membership near by to my home. The studio is called Active Fitness. They have a range of classes from Spin cycle to Weights training and Cross Fit. I have been going to this gym once or twice a week depending on how much work I have in that given week. I really enjoy the freedom of changing my CAS Activities to something outside of school, as I can choose when to attend which means that it is more flexible with my schedule. I think that this will help me in my motivation and dedication, as having the class at the same time every week was hard when I had a lot of work the next day. This session I attended a Spin class. I really enjoy the spin classes as I feel they perfectly combine cardio and strength training. I feel that spin is also more enjoyable for me than training in a gym.

CAS Reflection 7 – LEAP

In my service LEAP, we are currently working on creating a ‘Foundation Video’ which will be played around our school. The video showcases all the important sustainable movements and initiatives that take place in our school. Me and my partner, Tallula are responsible for taking the videos for the composting centre and the recycling centre. Right now we have only completed writing the scripts and taking the video for the composting centre, but we are due to start the recycling centre this week!