Dear diary:

Dear Diary,

Today, I have witnessed an absolutely appalling scene with my daughter. All the band practice I’ve put her through. All the love and affection I’ve given her. All the tough times I’ve had to go through with her. You know what little act she pulls out in front of me and the audience? She brought out a sharpie, and slowly drew “NOT YOUR PUPPET” on her forehead. This is after her refusal to play anything on the violin, just sitting there looking like a fool. I can’t believe that she would humiliate me in front of everybody like this. I never once considered myself a puppeteer, I thought I was doing the best I could for my daughter! Her acts of disobedience towards me have really started to spring up, with her burning her hair with the curl iron to prove some point which I couldn’t figure out. Even before, going to practice, she slammed the car door in my face. I need to take a rest, this has been such a long day for me today. I’ll have to change my routine to deal with her antics…

Signed, Elena

One thought on “Dear diary:

1. Catherine Adamson says:

This is good Daniel. It shows Elena’s lack of insight into who her daughter is and what she needs and what she might be doing wrong as a parent.