CREST Science Project

SKILLS AUDIT – Review of score and reflection:

I think the most important skills for this project will be time management and personal mastery. This is because other skills such as leadership and being able to communicate ideas well to others are important to have however this project mainly focuses on us being able to use our time effectively and be able to motivate ourselves to work well independently.

To me what was most surprising about my results was my leadership and management which I scored 11/15 on. I thought this wasn’t particularly my strongest suit however was one of the highest categories I scored on. This is because I like to step up and take control of the group when I see that it isn’t working or we aren’t able to reach our goals however in general if everything is going well, I don’t see myself to really be the person to take charge on how each person is contributing to the group.

I think this quiz is very helpful to see how I could get along with working on a project individually without the motivation or help from other members. I do find it hard during individual work to think of everything by myself and overcome obstacles if they present themselves. However, what this quiz has shown me and possibly what I do agree on is that I am capable of motivating myself to work hard and I do like to work hard to ensure I stay on top of deadlines.

SWOT ANALYSIS:

Strengths — I think my strengths during projects so far have been to stay on task and work as much as I can during lessons given to need to work less outside of classes. However, towards the deadline of projects, I think my strengths have been to be able to dedicate more time to work on those projects and therefore I think I am able to motivate myself really well. During past projects, I think some of my strengths have also been to be willing to put in more effort when encountering obstacles and thinking of as many solutions as possible.

Weaknesses — I have also however seen some weaknesses when working on projects especially during the primary stages and having to think of initial ideas. I find it challenging to start off a project individually and therefore during individual projects I encounter more challenges and find that I start off my project a lot slower than when in groups. During group projects, I have also found that some weaknesses include having trouble compromising ideas and seeing the weaknesses in my own ideas. Sometimes I find it hard to merge ideas with other people and combine them to make them even stronger.

Opportunities — At the moment because I am not too clear on what my project has to be about and what it needs to involve, I am not too sure yet on what I would like to achieve with this project. However, in terms of skills, I would really like to learn how to be able to find inspiration and come up with new ideas on my own without too much help from others in the beginning stages. I think this would really help me develop my skills of being creative and having possible ideas at the start for me to then be able to work on my project quite early and then have enough time to develop it even further. This would also prevent me from getting to a point where I need to put in extra effort at the end to ensure I meet the deadline.

Threats — I think like all projects there will be many obstacles. During the process, I think some obstacles may be having to change my project idea after research and already thinking about it. This is something I struggle a lot with as I like keeping all my work and effort and I am not usually very good at dealing with having to change ideas. However, encountering challenges like these will help me develop my skills for working on projects not only individually however as a group as well.