How do YOU distinguish between knowledge, belief and opinion?

Conceptual Understandings: write a statement that describes/explains either belief or opinion.

Belief is the state of mind of trust, faith and acceptance of something that doesn’t always have hard evidence.

I think that the concept of Belief is the ability to have absolute faith in their opinion. It can be a mental or physical support for someone’s decisions through their life, for example, religion. Many people believe in gods, so their belief system revolves around the ideas of greater beings creating the world we live on or greater consequences for our actions if not bound to the rules that have been set for us to follow. These beliefs result in our lives being lead by our instinct in what we think is right depending on our upbringing. Beliefs I think can also be easily manipulated for instance, as we are growing up, we believe in what our parents/guardians tell us because we have no one else to guide us. But as we continue to grow experiences and new knowledge may alter our beliefs.

Beliefs are an important aspect to every individual thinking as it brings new opinions into our society fort he future.

One thought on “How do YOU distinguish between knowledge, belief and opinion?

1. Beautiful thoughts, thank you. I sense instinct and experience are the crucial words. Does this give me the opinion that you believe? Hahahah.