Watching G10 Drama Performances

I think that watching the Grade 10 ‘s perform was a really good experience to be able to learn and discover what a scripted performance felt like, and also looked like, from an audience point of view. I noticed how they used  numerous skills and a range of theatrical devices and elements in order to make the performance engaging and interesting at all times. Some of the key elements in which I picked up on are as follow:

– The lighting and music was a complementary addition that helped embrace the setting and set a mood and ongoing or changing theme.

– The use of props brought a dignified and distinct role and effect to the performance. Each prop carried a special message or meaning, in which the actors incorporated well with their roles.

– Maturity and self awareness was present in all actors at all times. Whilst playing their roles to their specified character, they managed to either stay in character, or transition smoothly into a different one.

– An authentic narrative tone was used throughout each performance, in which was both engaging and mysterious at once. At times this created an atmosphere full of suspense, or other distinct emotions or moods.

– A range of theatrical devices were used in which proved that all performers showed good understanding of their past learning, and showed the ability to include and put together vastly contrasting techniques, in order to make a more compelling and unique piece.

Overall I would say that watching these performances was great, giving a short insight to what we are expected to produce in a years time, so that we have something to be looking forward to be working on. Each performance had its distinct features and special elements in which were thoroughly picked up on, and I hope to incorporate all these skills & elements in future performances.