The experience with Red Leap today was definitely a memorable one. One of the biggest takeaways for me was just putting 100% into everything you are doing no matter how silly you may think you look. This was important to me as it really helped me to get out of my own head or thinking about what others are thinking of me, and focus on what am I doing, trying to be completely present and focused. I intend to include these skills when creating my own pieces of theatre. Particularly the idea that emotion can be physically embodied rather than emotionally portrayed, and this could add to the interest and complexity of the piece. Something that was challenging was the pace at which we were working. Everything was extremely fast pace and quick. However, a method I used to overcome this challenge was by trying to not overthink and just run with my first idea.

Things I need to remember as a future performer:

• to not worry about how you look but just put 100% effort and focus into what you are doing.
  • Listen to what feels right in your body and try not to question it.
  • play with ideas that you have as they may turn out looking very interesting.
  • play with contrasting timing, and intensity.