LO 1 Identifying own strengths and develop areas for personal growth.

LO 4 Show commitment to and perseverance in your CAS experiences.

Today was the first rehearsal of the high school production In The Heart Of Robin Hood. This process began with the auditions. I have never partaken in a school production before and was very keen to push myself out of my comfort zone and try one. I recognized that this would be an opportunity to develop my acting and performing skills, which can be applied to my HL Theatre class. Although the auditions were quite nerve-racking, as I had never done anything like them, it was a good experience where I was able to really rely on my skills of confidence and determination. Even though I was pushed out of my comfort zone, I was still driven to do my best and put all my effort into the auditions. This paid off when I got into the show, which was a really satisfying result that I was proud of.

I found the first rehearsal very different from anything I had done before. Not only was I in a new environment, but I was also surrounded by people who I have not met before. This was a test of my resilience as I knew going into this experience that I would be committing and effort into this production. So I pushed myself to find the people to connect with and make new friends, as well as learning about performances and developing my acting skills. It is a big challenge for me to explore a whole different type of passion (I’m used to spending most of my time doing sports), as well as learning to manage my time effectively so I am able to balance both my production commitments, school work, and sports commitments.

However going forward I am excited to see how I can further deepen my understandings of skills I already possess, such as organization and determination, as well as developing new skills such as acting. I am also looking forward to the satisfaction of performing something that I have committed months of time and effort to in a final large scale performance.