After receiving feedback on my initial IO outline, I have been able to better understand my strengths and areas of improvement in terms of preparing for the oral.

I am quite happy with the choices I made in terms of the two texts that my oral will be centered around as I feel I not only have a strong idea about the themes and understandings of the texts separately, but I am able to pick out their similarities and differences. I think however in order to improve the main areas that I can focus on are:

1. Contextualising the bodies of work in the introduction. I didn’t explain the overall intentions of Carol Anne Duffy as a whole and then zoom into the details with Delhlia, and the same for Proctor and Gamble, what they are doing as a brand.  This is important as without it I don’t situate the texts and show a deeper understanding of  what their purpose really is.
  2. Then I want to focus on more of the finer details in each text and explain them using key terminology.  For example for the poem Delihla I feel my ideas of the themes, tone, and concepts are strong, but I need to include more zoomed in details and use the terminology when I am looking at things like imagery, rhyme, and limitation. For Proctor and Gamble this looks like more of an inclusion of key compositional features. The best way for me to achieve this is by including more that one still from the advert.