SEASAC MUN

In March I participated in the SEASAC MUN conference in Bangkok. In this conference I acted as the chair of the Security Council which is one of the most prestigious positions. In order to prepare for this role I had to conduct extensive research in order to prepare reports for members of my committee. This required perseverance as in order to learn about the topics I had to learn about them first. Some information regarding the topics was hard to find online so I had to dedicate a lot of time to finding it.

At SEASAC I also had to collaborate with my co chair to run the committee. Neither of us would have been able to do it alone so we had to coordinate who would be responsible for what roles and organise the committee. There was a high level of pressure as if we didn’t do our jobs correctly, then the experience of all of the committee members would suffer. I also had to collaborate with other people from my school as in the General Assembly we all represented the same country so had to represent the same stance. It was an enjoyable time as we used quick thinking to create a fun experience for all involved.

I was also one of the oldest members on the trip so I had to act as a role model for the younger students. They came to me for advice and I tried my best to give it to them. I felt incredibly proud when in the end they all managed to thrive throughout the conference.