Basketball Reflection 1 – Preseason

This year I decided to join preseason basketball to develop my basketball before the actual season. For preseason we largely focused on team and scrimmage drills to develop cardiovascular strength and the team plays for the season.

Overall, I would say that preseason was quite successful in terms of developing some of my skills, especially my 3 point shooting which had been a weak point of my game.

LO1: I have been playing basketball for many years thus, I am familiar with all of my strengths and weaknesses and necessary areas of growth (ie 3 point shooting)

LO2: Through the process of the preseason, I have undertaken several challenges (namely committing myself to extra practice sessions) and I have built new skills. My ball-handling and shooting have quantitatively improved.

LO5: The most important part of sports is the ability to work in a team in a collaborative nature delegate roles in a suitable manner. During scrimmages, I have taken it upon myself to be a leader and do the said delegation.