How can you get more out of iMovie?
The guidance below hopes to help you develop your confidence with iMovie.
I recommend using the following checklist:
- Do I have plenty of footage including enough to provide me with b-roll?
- Do I have different types of shots?
- Do I attempt to make at least two different types of cuts?*
- Did I make time to storyboard? (the planning really shows in post-production)
- Do I use the sound and music to guide my edits? (Bensound is a great resource)
- Am I consistent with the look and film of my movie?
- Do I have the rights to use the materials in my production? (Pixels video is wonderful for free stock footage)
*Focusing on J Cuts is a great first step
Looking for the cinematic movie bars? Here you go: