Dpers social media blog

Question – Will social media consume the world.

I came up with this because people are drawn to social media(and other social media forms) a lot. Because it has changed the world and is becoming not just a tool to use but people are so into it and we will be forced to never leave the digital world. This question invites further dialogue because we can talk about the 2 different paths it could go, we could get consumed by the media or we can suppress it. Because its such a simple question, there are a lot of aspects that you have to consider in it.

2 questions to understand the 1st question

– Are people so hooked on social media that they won’t consider other things and focus only on social media?

–   Is there another path, or is social media just too good to resist?

I feel that the Fallacy fallacy logistic is something that we can not head to in this argument. Many people don’t consider the small problems because they are small even when they are argued very well, but a small problem will grow.

9th graders should be thinking about it because they are the next generation. We are the ones that will make the world and we can decide whether we can get closer to being dominated by social media or we can suppress it. 

2 Replies to “Dpers social media blog”

1. venka11612@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

I think this question could be relevant in 3 years from now because there would be some progress towards getting to the answer of this question. I say this because I think it will take more than 3 years for the social media world to completely consume the real world but there will be a clearer visions as to what might happen in the far future when you look at this question in three years. Especially since technology is developing so quickly in our modern world, there is a high chance that you will have the answer to this question in 3 years. But if the social media world does consume the real world within the next 3 years, there might be a possibility that we won’t realise that our world has in fact been consumed by social media.

In order to consider a wide range of perspectives related to your question, I would have to think about these three things:

1 – I would have to consider in which direction the world is headed in 3 years. There might be a huge development in technology or maybe sometime over the course of the next 3 years, the development of technology could have peaked.

2 – I would also have to consider how the previous generation impacts the answer to this question. There could be something that the older generation does to change the answer as to whether social media will completely consume our real world.

3 – I would also have to consider what part of the world you are talking about. Even in our current time, technology is developing at different rates across the world. The answer to this question would probably change depending on which part of the world you are focussing on.

2. surea12820@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

I think this question will be relevant 3 years from now, I say this because as you said, social media is a big part of society, it will consume the world for the better because it will connect people from around the word for more opportunity.