Ibsens words true today

The quote he says basically says that women do not have/can not have what they need/want because the laws for women are created from a masculine point of view. A man is not as good as creating laws for women than actual women because they have a view of a man and they do not know everything that the women need and so it is not good for them because they do not know everything that a women needs, they might think they do but they do not. I think that it is true today but too that much extent because we now realize the problem. I think that at present today we still stereotype certain things like things such as this example. When watching a sad movie we expect the girl to cry while the boy to not, and I feel that this is the case because we as a society have a very masculine point of view and that has lead people to stereotype things in favor of the male rather than the female.

One Reply to “Ibsens words true today”

1. doshi52395@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

I understand the message behind Ibsen’s words. I am in agreement that they still hold a lot of truth about women in contemporary “Western” society today. I believe your examples are valid and can back up this perspective.