How Can We Help One Another During the Coronavirus Outbreak?

This is a very stressful time for many people. I myself have been finding it extremely challenging to keep up with my workouts when I can’t swim, especially since some weird hip injury has been preventing me from running, which I just discovered a love for. I am also going a little stir crazy, and considering my house is pretty big for a house in Singapore, I can’t even imagine how others are feeling. I think it’s important to check in on your friends, especially those without siblings or a large family. I also think it’s important to properly follow the rules of this quarantine, as many people are disregarding them and being flippant about COVID-19, which contributes to the spread of the virus and could cause the lengthening of remote learning. This would impact so many people, but especially all the G11’s who wanted to do a lab based EE (!! 🙁 !!), and those who have bad wifi / technology / are in a different country, because I expect remote learning is very challenging for them at the moment.

In a time of anxiety and social distancing, what can we do to look out for one another?

As I said before, we should call our friends, and make sure nobody is feeling lonely, as most people get their “daily social interactions” from school, and might be feeling lonely this quarantine. Also, if you have someone older or at risk in your family, make sure you wash your hands / sanitize / take a shower when you come back home from being outside. This seems small, but it could save a life.