IO Reflection

• Before the IO, I was initially quite nervous and thought that my outline hadn’t contained all the information needed to fully analyse and examine the two texts. Although, during the IO I had gained a measure of confidence and thought that it had gone better compared to my practice IO’s. Some strengths that I thought I had during the assessment was that I felt throughout, I was speaking clearly and I had a structure in place. My outline did end up working, and it was concise and clear enough for me to refer to. After watching the video, I was also pleased that I had included the macro and micro analysis. Lastly, beforehand I had prepared for both the texts well in advance, thus my knowledge of the two texts were strong. Some weaknesses I had faced was the timing of the IO, making sure to plan out the points with the timing. I would also think that during the IO, I should make my points more distinctive, thus it would make it easier  for me to talk about my texts. Some areas of opportunity would be unpacking the global issues more and analysing them, for future IO’s, I would be more comfortable doing photographs because it is easier for me to fit into the time limit. Some threats or challenges I may face for the real IO would be choosing a text which has too much information to unpack within the time limit, such as an advertisement.