Entrepreneur

Entrepreneur

Starting up, business, Initiative; these words come to your mind when you think about enterprise, or even economic which similar to enterprise but there is a whole lot more to it, just as my grandfather’s goal for success wasn’t any other success story.Enterprise means taking your goal and not being afraid to send them out into the real world.And taking initiative to make advances you want to see. You also have to make calculated risks, as in seeing how many people there are in the market you want to put your product in comparison to how much income you want; and also be able to have a backup plan in case everything goes south. Enterprise can start from anything or be anything; it could be a lemonade stand that becomes a big chain like Jamba Juice. You should also be able to see the pros and cons of running your business and have a hand full of skills such as patience, bravery, being sharp, not persuadable ect. Equipped with some of these skills was my grandfather and after a long wait, he began to see success at the age of sixty.

For my Grandfather he lived in Kuwait and he didn’t really have any money and at the age of twenty he got the job of a typewriter to which he stayed with for ten years to when he got the second highest position; but he never really like the job so he left and started a small catering company that catered, water and food to container ships that began to grow into a big business and at after a few years he bought a brought to make the catering easier but by the time the boat arrived they had started making docks for the container ships making the government take away the ship or give a hefty rent for keeping the ship at the dock.

He saw there was trouble but luckily he was investing in a banana plantation in Africa using loans but that summer there was a drought so he earned nothing putting my grandfather in debt and as he had no money in jail, when he got back he started a new catering company; catering to hospitals that grew but from experience he started to invest. His catering company grew and he kept on investing but he was investing more than he earned so that he had a strong plan B.

After nothing could go wrong, well that’s what he thought; a war began, the gulf war began forcing him to leave his company and move to Goa, India the place he was investing in. He had bought land and started to build a hotel and restaurant that at first did terribly but after a decade started to grow into what it is now, The holiday inn resort Goa and Fisherman’s Wharf  which is now a chain restaurant and at this point my grandfather knew he was done and passed it done to his son my dad.      

Posted in UncategorizedTagged