Initial Reflection (Creativity) on Pottery

My first impressions of pottery. I have never been a very creative person, arguably the most creative thing I have done has been making houses in video games like Minecraft and The Sims. Therefore, I really wanted to step out of my comfort zone and partake in something that is completely different and forces me to be creative. I think that pottery checks off all of these boxes while allowing me to work in a 4D medium like I have creating my houses. It has been a great challenge so far. I am struggling to mold the clay in a way that actually allows it to maintain its form and I’m also struggling to come up with new and interesting ideas that make my pot unique rather than every other pot on the planet. Overtime, I believe that I will get better at both of these and hopefully make a pot that I am proud of and am able to bring home to show my family! I can already sense that this activity will benefit my creative thinking and also benefit me in the sense that I care about what I think looks nice and not judge my work based off of what other people think of it. I think that the skills and lessons I have learned and will continue to learn will be extremely beneficial not only in my professional life later on but also on my personal life and mental health now. Overall, I am very glad that I decided to sign up for Pottery club andI am excited to see what other things I am able to learn through it!

My first pot!!