A day during lockdown: photo essay

The COVID-19 Pandemic is very unfortunate, and it has affected my daily lifestyle quite significantly. In this post, I am going to go through what my usual day has been looking like in the past month.

I start my day off with breakfast during my mentor time class. I usually eat french toast or a sandwich with tea. I enjoy the window in front of my workstation because it gives a view of nature and a few buildings in the distance, so it’s relaxing to look out into it and rest my eyes instead of staring at the screen.

During this lockdown, I’ve had a lot more time to try out new things and be creative. I have enjoyed practicing making art and drawing, so usually when I am bored I would just sit down and draw something new on my sketchbook.

After online school, I usually go to my computer and play videogames. I find them entertaining and it’s a good way to use up some time when I get bored.

Every other day, I like to go for walks because I want to a chance to get some fresh air and not be couped inside my room constantly. It’s very refreshing and enjoyable, although the mask I have to wear is quite uncomfortable. Most of the time, I bring my dog with me because I can’t walk with other people during this pandemic.

At the end of the day, after I have finished all of my work, I relax and sleep in my bed. I usually surf the internet and watch YouTube videos/TV shows on my laptop before sleeping, and it is a nice way for me to cool down before sleeping.