Dystopian Opening

RACE: HUMAN

SUBJECT #1,931,421,351

-814//{JOURNAL ENTRY}-

January 2070. It’s only been a few weeks since it all started, and there’s not much left on Earth already. I just lost my daughter and wife, their bodies eaten and torn apart right in front of me. Got nothing but a wounded arm and some leftover shotgun shells on me.  They said they had it under control, that they developed a cure to fight back. Those scumbags had no idea what they were doing all along. Now I’m stranded, nowhere to go, nothing to hope for, nobody to pray to. Everything around me, a complete mess, no order, no rules, a complete disaster. It really does surprise me how easy it was for all of it to fall apart, despite how structured and stable everything seemed. They say this was all just a test, a setup, a biological weapon carefully crafted to manage the population growth. Some believe it is finally the end of the world, the universes natural way of restoring balance, the extinction of the human race. Do I believe any of it? It doesn’t matter. There’s no time left to decide. I have to keep moving, keep my pace, outsmart them, outlast them. Will I ever manage to make it out of this alive? My chances are low, I guess my best bet is to keep surviving until some sort of miracle happens. I think I hear one of them coming from outside.