May 31

Mock Interview Reflection

Today Lusi and I had a mock interview with Vanessa. Before the interview, we shook hands and briefly introduced ourselves, it is important to be polite and respectful. The interviewer asked us some questions, like, “why did you choose this clinic over the others?” “Where will you be five years from now?” The questions may be more about how much we know about the company, and some may be about personal ability. Be open to saying, “sorry, I am not good at it, but I will try my best.”

Mr Graham Silverthorne said, “an interview is like a drama performance”, standing in front of people who don’t know you can bring out the best in you. Be natural and generous. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes, apologize sincerely if you are wrong, no one will embarrass you. Smile and self-confidence are very important. Don’t be nervous, don’t be paranoid, you may feel like people around you is looking at you in a funny way, but know that the more you hear, see and think, the less you say. Always have a sense of “this is me” and “I’m good enough”.

Posted May 31, 2019 by gong93841@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg in category Uncategorized