Culturama 2018

This year is my first time participating in Culturama. By the end of the performance, I want to feel more confident performing a skill  that I don’t usually consider myself to be good at (dance). I also want to feel proud of the hard work I put into rehearsals and overall enjoy the experience as a whole!

Here is the Jamaica Facebook page with videos from our rehearsals: link

PRE CULTURAMA PERFORMANCE:

I am quite scared of messing up in front of a large audience. In order to prevent this from happening I have been practicing at home whenever I can and I think I am getting a lot better at the dance in terms of technique and fluidity. A skill that has definitely been developed so far has been my ability to adapt and improve. After watching over rehearsal videos and getting advice from the dance leaders, I have been trying to act on my feedback in order to improve. After the performance I want to feel proud of the work and effort I have put into Culturama so from now until then, I will continue to practice with enthusiasm

Rehearsals:

Practicing at home:

POST CULTURAMA REFLECTION: LO2 (Challenge/New Skills), LO4 (Commitment), LO5 (Collaboration)

Here is a link to our dress rehearsal

Also: I messed up in every single performance we did. Even though not all the mistakes I made were very large, and probably not even noticeable to the audience, when you’re performing something that you’ve been practicing for weeks, it can be discouraging. Although I was frustrated, I learned how to quickly improvise and get back on track while in front of an audience which is an important skill to have in performance. It also taught me no matter how much I practice, you can never be certain of what the outcome will be so you must be prepared for anything.

Here is a link to one of our final performances!

One thought on “Culturama 2018

1. This is a great reflection, Isa. Superb use of different forms of evidence, I really like the multimedia approach. Posting the CAS learning outcomes at the bottom of the reflection is very useful too.