Final Royal Hunt of the Sun Reflection

To conclude my Royal Hunt of the Sun experience I have attached my reflection, some photos, and the link to the final performance to keep a record of the experience.

Learning Outcomes: LO1 (Self-Awareness), LO7 (Ethics)

I also want to mention that although I am proud of the progress we made and of the final performances, there were a few mistakes here and there. In our very first performance, I didn’t listen to the cue properly because another actor accidentally skipped a line, so I responded with the wrong answer. In the moment I realised what had happened and I was not only embarrassed, but also ashamed that I couldn’t adapt. What I learned here is that I need to live in the moment as a character and be able to respond to others around me. Not only will create a more authentic, in the moment performance, but it’s also a good skill to have when things go wrong(!) After I got off stage I was quite frustrated with myself but because I didn’t want this mindset to carry through the rest of the performance, I calmed myself down and told myself to learn from what happened, and move on. Lingering on mistakes isn’t going to make my performance any better.

What I found most challenging was how many aspects that an actor needs to take into consideration when they’re performing:

• Staying in character
  • Knowing lines
  • Blocking
  • Being aware of our position in the space (This was even more challenging because our stage layout was thrust and we had to make sure we weren’t in lines to avoid blocking the audience)
  • Voice
  • Body

I think this production helped me become more aware of these aspects and I’ve become better at managing all of them simultaneously.

Aarushi and I decided that we wanted to do a reflection together to talk about our Collaboration (LO5) together throughout the process of this production as it was a crucial element in developing both of our characters:

Here is the link to the final performances and here for the website!

2 thoughts on “Final Royal Hunt of the Sun Reflection

1. Thanks Mrs. Parr! I added the video Aarushi and I filmed where you make a sneaky appearance ;)(actually only your voice but still)