Final PSE

Challenges + New Experiences:

• workload significantly higher than ever before
  • project week
  • new courses eg. Film, ESS, TOK
  • new trips: NIDA and ESS
  • EE

I think that I was really organised during the planning stages of project week and I was very proactive. I think this made me a leader in some sense and I often felt responsible for my group. I know that we succeeded because our trip was as we planned it and we all enjoyed ourselves overall.

Though everything worked/s out in the end, I was very overwhelmed for a large part of the year and was often stressed or anxious about all the work and other responsibilities I had which was overall, not the best for my physical and mental health. I’ve gotten a lot less sleep this year and that’s made me feel less energized during school.

For next year I’m definitely going to try, as much as possible to go to sleep early and get sufficient hours of sleep so that I can stay energized and perform my best and overall just feel better. I also know that if I’m stessed or anxious about anything, I have so many people that I can talk to to try and sort things out. My teachers are vert understanding and my family and friends are supportive.

Grade 12 – Challenges I’ll face:

• IB
  • EE
  • Exams
  • IA
  • Coursework
  • Uni applications + Essay
  • Choosing Universities
  • SATs and other Testing
  • TOK
  • Graduation

Tips:

• Mindfulness: I need to take things as they come, be present, think about the here and now
  • Be more organized and be proactive

One thought on “Final PSE

1. Isabella,

Thank you very much for your contributions to the PSE class this year. There were many many times when I could rely on you to carry the conversations forward, and as a teacher new to this curriculum; I really appreciated that. I also appreciated your willingness to jump into topics that may have been slightly uncomfortable. Your maturity, perseverance, and cooperative spirit did not go unnoticed.

I hope you can take some of the skills and knowledge into G12, University, and into young adulthood.

Wishing you a great summer holiday.

Best,

Robbie